Robinson Middle School PTA is hosting a community special event on Thursday, December 3, 2020!
The Movie part of the event involves the streaming of the IndieFlix film LIKE, which highlights social media, and its effects on adolescents and young adults. It is well-done and engaging, and Robinson Middle School PTA is wanting to share this opportunity with our fellow Plano ISD families.
After watching it at your home, there will be a live webinar, with local experts available, to answer questions you may have about the film.
There are only 1,000 available to register, but hope that this can reach whomever might be interested in watching it, including families, teachers, and staff! This is a free viewing event, though we would always appreciate a donation to offset the cost of streaming the film.
One important note: the movie is geared for an audience middle-school aged and up, so please use discretion in viewing. Here is a trailer of the film, to see if you may be interested:
Dinner is brought to you by In-N-Out Burger! Their truck will be in the Robinson Middle School parking lot, on the evening of the 3rd, and pre-ordered meals will be picked up via "drive-thru" before the film begins. For $5/meal, which includes chips and a fountain drink, you can choose from a hamburger, a cheeseburger, or a grilled cheese sandwich!
Meals must be preordered, and registration for the movie must also be completed ahead of time as well. The deadline to register/order is Monday, November 30th. No orders/registration can be taken the day of the event. Please use this link to order/register: www.robinsonpta.org
- P.S. You are not obligated to get dinner to watch the movie, or vice versa! You can choose to order/register for one part of the event (food or movie), or both!
Here is a quick snapshot of the details:
- Visit the following link: www.robinsonpta.org to register for the movie and/or order food
- An email with a link for the movie and/or logistics for food pickup will be sent 1-3 days before the event
- The film will begin streaming at 7:00pm, so prepare to watch it at that time, in the comfort of your home
- If you order food from In-N-Out, you will pick that up from the RMS parking lot from 5:30-6:30pm, to make it home in time to watch
- After the movie, the live webinar will be available for people to talk with local experts about questions they may have after watching