Thank you to everyone who attended our PTA General Assembly Meeting and Virtual Coffee with the Principal on Tuesday morning. Although some of us lost power for a brief time, we persevered and successfully passed our yearly budget and completed all our PTA business. And much thanks to Dr. Brant Perry for his informative presentation to the attendees!
During the meeting, we talked about some events for the fall semester. All the dates are on our PTA calendar at www.smspta.org.
The important upcoming events for next week are:
- Monday, September 7th – No school. Happy Labor Day!
- Tuesday, September 8th – No school for students
- Wednesday, September 9th – First day back for in-person students! For the parents of those students, yesterday the school sent out a Schimelpfenig-specific return-to-school plan.
- The PISD return-to-school planning document currently is available at www.pisd.edu/2021planning
- Friday, September 11th – Spirit Wear and Face Mask delivery in-school. If you have an outstanding order, look for an email from PTA next week with more specific details. Face masks remain on-sale, it’s not too late to order for delivery next week!
Good luck to all students and teachers next week, with the change to In-person and @Home instruction together. While it’s exciting for a return to school after all these months, it has been a long time, with many changes and new rules to remember. I know that our Panther family is up to the challenge!
As always, feel free to contact me any time at email@example.com with questions, problems, or if you just want to join our wonderful SMS PTA Board!
Michele Rohleder, SMS PTA President