Please join the National PTA on its YouTube channel for the 2021 Virtual Student Arts Showcase on January 26th at 7 p.m. EST, honoring the 200+ national awardees from the 2019-2020 Reflections program, showcasing works based on the theme: Look Within. Please RSVP for this virtual event at: 2021 Reflections Showcase RSVP Page (informz.net)
SMS PTA is proudly participating in the annual Reflections contest. This is your chance to showcase your talent.
Reflections has been a staple NATIONWIDE ARTS PROGRAM in many schools for over 50 years.
All Schimelpfenig students are eligible to participate in the Reflections program.
- Theme: “I Matter Because…”
Last date to submit your entry: November 9th at 11:59PM CDT
- Dance choreography
- Film production
- Music composition
- Photography and
- Visual arts
- Eligibility: All Schimelpfenig students - Face to Face, School@Home, Special Education
- At least one person from the household must be a current PTA member. To become a member, click here.
- Students may enter any or all of the six art categories.
- Multiple entries within a single arts category are permitted.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student and created specifically for the Reflections program based on the national theme.
- Each entry must also conform to the general guidelines developed by National PTA
- National PTA rules
- General participation rules English | Spanish
- Dance choreography English | Spanish
- Film production English | Spanish
- Literature English | Spanish
- Music composition English | Spanish
- Photography English | Spanish
- Visual arts English | Spanish
- Special artist Rules English | Spanish
- Single page rules English | Spanish
- Submitting your entries
1. Create your artwork as usual.
2. For artwork done on paper/canvas etc, take high quality photographs from a camera or smartphone. (natural light is the best).
3. Once the file is on your computer, rename the file as per these guidelines.
- An example of a 7th grader (John Steele) submitting a photograph of his watercolor painting would be 7_JohnSteele_VisualArts_
Titlename.Png or 7_JohnSteele_VisualArts_ Titlename.Jpg
4. Fill out ALL the sections of this Google form. Paper forms are no longer needed.
5. When filling out the form, give special thought to the "Artist's Statement".
6. Upload one file (your best) per form.
7. Digitally sign the form and hit the Submit button.
- Fillable student entry form English
Visit the 2019-2020 Reflections Gallery to see examples of entries from last year.
Questions? Email email@example.com
- Tuesday, October 5
- Thursday, October 7
- Monday, October 11
- Tuesday, October 12
- Wednesday, October 13
- Thursday, October 14
- Monday, October 18
- Tuesday, October 19
- Wednesday, October 20
The mission of Plano ISD's Family Education and Guidance Services is to strengthen all families in the community by providing education, resources and services which support raising responsible, self-confident, emotionally healthy children in today's complex society. Please visit HERE to gain access to PISD supports that you and your family may wish to utilize throughout the year!
DISCLAIMER: The Schimelpfenig Middle School PTA is a noncommercial, nonsectarian, nonpartisan association that does not endorse any candidate or political party. This PTA does not endorse non-PTA products or services. If you have a concern, please contact a member of the PTA Executive Board.